Wednesday 4 November 2009

Tiny Music System

You can now get SuperCollider on your iPhone / iPod Touch. I have an iPod and so last week iProdded RedFrik to install it for me, and now a new software project has begun, the Tiny Music System. So far there is just a drum synth / sequencer, demonstrated in this little video I just made.

The CPU load % of real time synthesis on this first generation device (running at 412 mhz) is about 10 times that of my laptop (2 ghz) which is about what you'd expect. It's a sort of miracle that it exists at all, and one I intend to exploit.



[UPDATE] Part 2

8 comments:

ashley said...

Will this ever get an app store release? It looks really fun to use.

Agent808 said...

can you post more info on how to obtain this please? or is it something in development. looks amazing!

musikgear.com said...

pleeeeeeease ?

Mr. Acid said...

W O W.
This is fucking brilliant.
You are a God damn genius, Chris.

Pighood said...

WANT

william said...

Any news? Updates?

cylob said...

HI William, yes it can now auto crossfade and select patterns, macro patches can be saved into slots, and it's possible to load and save songs. It's just a thing on my iPod and that's as far as it will go, unless I get an offer that can't be refused!

Greggy P said...

yeh, this is ace!!